Our Garment Distribution Project
We need your support
To give an underprivileged person a pair of clothes is as good as dressing him with self-respect.
To give an underprivileged person a pair of clothes is as good as dressing him with self-respect. With this objective we distribute usable garments to the poorest of the poor children, women and men of all ages. To ensure that it reach out to more and more poor and needy people we distribute these garments through a network of various institutions / Societies/ NGOs/ Schools / Colleges who are working with the poor and underprivileged group of society. They in turn distribute the garments to individual beneficiaries.Our Method of Distribution:
- The applications are invited from various institutions / NGOs working with Tribal / backward areas / or in the interiors are given preference.
- The NGO's are encouraged to do survey or to compile list of beneficiaries area / village / Location wise to facilitate packing and distribution, and to tabulate Age/ Sex/ Size requirement.
- The garment department sort clothes as per group age /sex and size wise, to remove torn cloths, to count, to pack and to transport the agency destination.
- All care is taken to provide timely help to the beneficiaries e.g. woolens & sweaters in winter and cotton in summer.
- ACT's representative maintains follow –up and when possible personally attends distribution. This in turn strengthens NGO to NGO contacts and opens many avenues of mutual co – operation in ACT'S other projects such as Food, Mobility and Vocational Training.
The concerned organization then submits signed certificate of distribution of clothes along with the list of the beneficiaries and a few photographs.